Cherry Picker Training (MEWP)
Scissor Lifts & Self Propelled Boom Lifts are widely used in industry by construction and maintenance personnel to safely gain access to work at height. It is vitally important that personnel required to operate MEWPs have received adequate training in the safe operation of that machine, including training on any risks that may entail and safety precautions required.
Course AIMTo instruct candidates to prepare and safely operate Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs), Scissor Lifts & Self Propelled Booms and to obtain an Operators Licence.
- Health & Safety Legislation/Regulations
- MEWP Categories
- Structural Parts
- Machine Operating Manual
- Pre-Use Inspections/Handover
- Safe Operating Methods & Hazards
- Accident Prevention/Control
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety Harness & Lanyard
- Limit & Safety Switches/Alarms
- Practical Training/Emergency Decent
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Required
- Safety Boots
- Hard Hat
- Hi Viz Jacket/Vest
- Protective Clothing
- Full Body Harness C/W Short Restraint Lanyard
Method of TrainingThe power point presentation will be delivered in a classroom situation with practical demonstrations using safety harness/short restraint lanyard and an anemometer.
The practical training will include the:
- Inspection of the thorough examination certificates
- Carrying out a pre use inspection on each machine using the Operating Manual
- Functions of the machines ground and platform controls
- Operation of each machine including checking wind speed and emergency decent
AssessmentParticipants will be required to complete a multiple choice questionnaire & practical demonstration on correctly fitting a safety harness/short restraint lanyard, performing pre use inspections, safely operate Mobile Elevated Working Platform (MEWP) & Scissor lift, check wind speed at working height.
Assessment forms are used to record each individual's performance.
Delegates: Maximum 6 participants
Duration: 1 Day
Certification: On successful completion of this course, Mc Nulty Training & Safety Solutions certificate will be issued.
Contact us today with your Cherry Picker Training (MEWP) requirements for businesses throughout counties Donegal, Sligo, Mayo & Leitrim, Ireland.