Abrasive Wheels Training
Abrasive Wheels DefinitionA wheel or disc that consists of abrasive particles held together by mineral, metallic or organic bonds which is intended to be power driven and is for use in any grinding and cutting operation e.g. concrete saws (con saws), angle grinders, bench grinders and disc cutters.
Course AimTo provide information and practical instruction to enable each participant to securely mount and test run abrasive wheels using safe work methods including hazards arising from the use and precautions to be observed.
- Abrasive Wheels Legislation
- Hazards associated with Mounting and Operating Abrasive Wheels
- Wheel Types/Standard Marking System
- Function of Blotters/Flanges
- Proper use of protective guards
- Inspection and testing/correct storage of Abrasive Wheels
- Dressing an Abrasive Wheel
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Pre operation checks
- Mounting of Abrasive Wheels
- Test running Abrasive Wheels
(PPE) Personal Protective Equipment Required
- Safety Boots
- Protective Clothing
- Safety Gloves
- Safety Goggles
- Ear Protectors
Method of TrainingThe power point presentation is delivered in a classroom situation with practical demonstrations using angle grinders, bench grinder, petrol driven cut off saw and various different types of abrasive wheels. A practical work area is required to allow each participant to test run the equipment.
AssessmentParticipants will be required to complete a questionnaire & practical demonstration including mounting of
abrasive wheels and test running abrasive wheel equipment.
Assessment forms are used to record each individual's performance.
Delegates: Maximum 12 participants
Course Duration: 1 Day
Certification: On successful completion of this course, Mc Nulty Training & Safety Solutions certificate will be issued.